We just finished day 1 of our ride and are relaxing at BCI (an island in the canal). This was supposed to be our easy day, but it turned out to be a little more challenging than we had anticipated.
Highlights of today’s ride:
- Rode through Castillo (Castle) San Lorenzo on the Caribbean coast.
- People were very excited to see us and wanted to know all about the trip.
- Rode with giant butterflies.
- Heard Howler Monkeys.
- Rode through the locks and watched some enormous ships.
- Took a small boat from the locks to BCI with a forest guard as our captain.
Special thanks to Marcos – our driver, guide, friend and goto guy.
Wish I could post some video or photos, but we’re just not equipped at the moment. I’ll try to post more later in the week, but additional updates may have to wait until our return.